Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Someone has been pissing on my Gamecube and I'm about to close the case.

I don't have a lot of movies that I absolutely love. I'm not really a movie kind of person. I see maybe 5 new movies a year, usually not in the theater. However when I do find a movie that I connect to, I can be a bit of a fanatic weirdo about that movie.

I absolutely love Garden State. I can't even really explain the reason for this love. Other than I have a total girl-crush on Natalie Portman and I have ever since Beautiful Girls. And I totally love quirky. I think I'm kind of quirky, but not nearly as clever-quirky as Zach Braff apparently is.

So I spent some time today looking at Garden State quotes on imdb and I feel compelled to put some of my favorites here:

Sam: This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing.
----
Sam: OK, so... so... sometimes I lie. I mean, I'm weird, man. About random stuff too, I don't even know why I do it. It's like... it's like a tick, I mean sometimes I hear myself say something and think, Wow, that wasn't even remotely true.
----
Andrew Largeman: Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place.
----
Sam: I haven't even lied in like, the past two days.
Andrew Largeman: Is that true?
Sam: No.

I may have to watch it again tonight.

No comments: