Thursday, September 25, 2008

setting fire to the third bar

I have found myself not blogging from time to time because I can't figure out a good title to sum up the point of the entry.  I've decided that is rather silly.  So anyway, the title to this entry has nothing to do with anything, but it is a wonderful song that happens to be in my mind right at this moment.  Moving on.

The party was a lot of fun.  We ended up with a lot of leftovers.  And in a tragic twist of fate (reminding you that I AM the queen of overstatement), our DirecTv was out on Sunday so we were unable to spend the entire day on the couch, munching leftovers and watching football games.  Drat.

So far this week, I've accomplished two big things on my random mental to do list:

1.  Purchased iPhone.  My observations so far are that the battery life leaves something to be desired and that I'm probably going to be right back to my obsessive-compulsive remote e-mail checking after a blissful 3 months of being PDA-free.  I can't seem to get my gmail properly forwarded however (after a couple of tries and despite having every single setting exactly as Gmail advises me to put them -- frustrating!) so I can see my e-mails on the iPhone right now but I can't send any.  I will have to figure this glitch out soon.

2.  Dyed hair a funky color.  This was a promise I made to myself when I was billing my life away.  I always said that I would dye my hair pink if/when I stopped answering to The Man.  Well, a few years later, I decided that I probably won't look that good as a cotton candy-haired late 30-something.  So instead, I worked out with my hairdresser (who I love) to have some fun color interspersed in the lower crown.  I now have dark pink/magenta underlights that peek through below my standard rich brunette color.  And when I'm feeling funky, I can pull back my hair and show a bit more color.  Fun!

This Sunday is Abbot Kinney Fest.  Our street will be closed for a street festival with three stages, artists/artisans, street performers, etc.  Should be interesting.  I'm thinking I won't be following much football this week.

2 comments:

10 lbs of awesome in a 5 lb bag said...

Pics of the pink hair?

Not Jackson said...

Word. Preferably while wearing the hipster glasses.

And, given your musical tastes, I am suprised that you didn't use something like "the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my . . ."