Tuesday, February 24, 2009

carry on

So.  Here I am.  I haven't had much that I felt like writing about lately, but things are generally going well.  Classes are fine.  Color is challenging but worthwhile and I feel like I'm learning a lot.  Calligraphy is fine, if a bit frustrating because I didn't really realize going in that my left-handedness would be a bit of a detriment.  I like the projects I'm doing for my Design II class better than I like the instructor and her teaching methods.  The one I'm working on now is an ad that employs metaphor to sell a product.  I'm really liking the way it is shaping up and I'm certain it will be a portfolio piece. 

Speaking of portfolios, I really need to get going on assembling mine.  I think I have 2 quarters left after this one and I really should start looking into internships soon. I've signed up for two classes next quarter -- Design History (online) and Package Design.  I generally take three, but the offerings are a bit disappointing.  I have a couple that I'm considering or I might only take two and promise myself to devote the extra time to portfolio prep.  We shall see.

February has included a trip to Vegas for the Super Bowl, a quick trip to Salt Lake City to help out my mom with a meeting she had with her builders about structural issues with her house and a visit from mom to LA last weekend.

No comments: