Things have been going really well for me recently. Or I've managed to change my point of view and appreciate the good instead of dwelling on the bad. So here is a short recap of what I've been up to:
- I read Eat Pray Love at the suggestion of Alice. It made me want to go to India and Bali. Really I should get out of the Western Hemisphere sometime soon. Maybe 2008 will be the year for some bigger trips. I am working on making more time for thought and meditation in my life. Maybe I really will become a hippy-dippy left coaster after all!
- I've been doing private pilates training sessions a couple times per week. So far they've been worth getting up at 6:30 a.m. for. I love feeling limber and balanced.
- I tried to play Guitar Hero III and... really enjoyed it. Rock on. It has been quite a long time since I've enjoyed playing a video game. I am so not good, but I have started my career and I can rock the classic oldies. (But I have to steer clear of all the Poison-type songs, because I don't know any of them!)
- Yesterday I e-mailed with my high school boyfriend. It was really nice, actually. He's living in Boston, passionately pursuing a number of interests*, and he sounds really happy. I'm really happy to be back in contact with him now that all my teen angst has evaporated. Oh how dramatic everything seemed to me when I was 18.
- Tomorrow Jodie arrives in town. We'll have a pretty beach- and activity-filled weekend, I'm sure. Should be fun. The weather has been perfect, so I'm hoping that the clouds stay away for her visit.
- Next Friday Mike and I are going on vacation to Cabo with our best friends. It will be a spectacular time. I know for a fact that some golf, some spa treatments and some lounging by the pool, drinking umbrella drinks is in my future.
- My art class is going well. We did figure drawing with a model last night. I really enjoyed it. The class schedule for the Spring semester came out yesterday, so I get to peruse the offerings and decide what interests me. I originally wanted to get into painting, but maybe one more drawing class first wouldn't hurt?
I guess that is all for now. I'm going to have plenty of blessings to count next Thursday and I am feeling incredibly grateful right now. My planet rocks.
*He personifies the idea of giving 110% to everything that you do, and he always has. I'm awed by his drive and passion for life.