Monday, January 14, 2008

baby, it's cold outside

Wow. What a wonderful football weekend this one turned out to be. Mike and I did not make plans to head to Green Bay for what turned out to be the snow bowl. I'm sure it would have been fun to be there. Instead we waited it out to see whether, miracle of miracles, both of our teams would be able to hold on and make it to the championship game. And guess what? Oh, fine, you already know, right?

Giants are playing the Packers this Sunday for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl! It seemed unlikely, to say the least, that this outcome could be possible in weeks 15 and 16 of the regular season, but here we are. And there we will be. Details have yet to be worked out, but we just cashed in some American miles on flights up to Chicago this weekend and you can bet that Mike and I will be freezing our butts off on bleachers at Lambeau in 6 days.

Current weather forecast for Green Bay on Sunday? High of 12 degrees, low of 5 degrees. What have I gotten myself into??? That is a far cry from the current 70 degrees and sunny I have going on in Los Angeles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading the weather report for Sunday and winced a little on your behalf. Still, it's going to be awesome, awesome, awesome, and I'm so happy you'll be there.

Burt Likko said...

Awesome. Have a great time.

Burt Likko said...

Congratulations -- your Giants played a tough, gritty game. Good luck against New England.