Wednesday, March 12, 2008

teeny weeny



I've only been fascinated with all things Etsy for a couple of months now, but I thought I would share a few of my favorite etsy stores with you.


* I've mentioned Twin Ravens Press before, but I have an update. I bought a 6 pack of the UFO Love cards and they are adorable. My current crush at this site is the Hello Robot card. I'm definitely going to be sending out more cards to friends when I stop my current drudgery!

* I forget exactly how I was turned on to Paper Moon Designs, but I ordered 2 necklaces about a week ago and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival! All the necklaces are amazing looking, but the two that grabbed me are this one and this one.

* Aimee of greeblemonkey found me through the NaBloPoMo site and I have to say that I love her photographs and paintings. There are a couple that are on my short list for when I get ready to set up my office space in the (yet-to-be-found) new apartment. I think this is my current favorite.

* I am a total sucker for all things glass. I even took a glassblowing class when I was in Dallas. I was at least a little bit disappointed to learn that things are set up for a particular handedness (yet again, the Right-Handed Man is keeping me down) in glassblowing studios. But I have a lovely paperweight to show for my endeavors (and I gave one as a gift to my mom). Anyway, all of this is a long way of saying that I always check out the art glass. And I really like the square decorative plates at GlassGlassGlass.

* I found erinzam's site through the Shop Local feature on Etsy, and I love her bird prints (a sample is the photo for this blog). There is a guy here in LA who is "installing" wooden birds (that he calls "berds") on crossing wires and at intersections around town and the birds in erinzam's prints remind me of those. And I love the creative use of typefaces in her stuff. Such a design nerd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love etsy!! I actually have to pry myself away for fear of spending too much money there.