Thursday, May 15, 2008

lavendar-scented bath bubbles

I stumbled upon a really girlie meme as I was checking out Illustration Friday posts this week (I didn't participate due to a surprising lack of free time, but the topic was "electricity" and there were some really fun illustrations posted on the site). Anyway, here are my answers to an overly makeup-obsessed meme:

My Foundation: If I apply foundation, I use Stila Color Tinted Moisturizer. Otherwise I just powder on Bare Escentuals over my moisturizer all-in-one and call it a morning.

My Mascara: Um. I'm having an issue here. I tend to use any Maybellene product, but I've been having itchy allergy eyes the next day recently. I've tried a couple of products (including the old standby Great Lash) lately with similar results. Seems either Maybellene changed their formula or I became more sensitive. Not sure which.

Day Cream: If this means moisturizer, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15. Wouldn't use anything else. Mainly because this one doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. Common problems.

My Beauty Product Brand: I'm relatively sure I don't have a "brand". I like to pick and choose.

My Favorite Makeup Product: N/A seems like a cop-out on the second question in a row, so I'll mention that I love Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel. My skin is so happy with me after I spend ten minutes applying this two-step salicylic acid peel.

My Perfume: I've been wearing Calvin Klein's CKOne for the last decade or so. I may be in a rut. But I still like it. Clean and light.

Woman I admire for her beauty: Hmm. There are actually a lot of them. But I've had a girl-crush on Natalie Portman for a long time. If I could look just a little bit like any celebrity, she's the one I would choose. (Aside: her acting was atrocious in the Star Wars prequel that I finally watched recently! Quite a surprise because she's been really good in every other movie I've ever seen of hers. Let. Down.)

Woman with the Best Sense of Style: Again, hmm. I think Penelope Cruz usually brings it on the red carpet, though I'm not sure how she dresses in everyday life. I'm on record as saying her face is only good from certain angles (she has a strong profile, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on lighting, etc.) but she always looks very elegant. I'm sort of blanking on this one.

My Ultimate Dream: Why dwell in ultimate dreams when you can instead live everyday to make your reasonable dreams a reality? Isn't everyone's ultimate dream generally happiness and love?

How Do I Define Womanhood: I don't. Why box things in?

My Favorite Fashion Publication: I generally only read "women's magazines" at the hairdresser or nail salon, but I like W. I love Jane, though that is not a "fashion publication," and Lucky is a guilty pleasure.

No comments: