Thursday, February 14, 2008

...and I mean it from the bottom of my heart


In honor of Valentine's Day, I spent a fair amount of time this morning sending snarky some e card Valentines to those closest to me (with less snarky messages attached). But if I had been organized, I would like to think that I would have purchased the adorable cards pictured here (or others like them from twin ravens press - a wonderful letterpress that sells on etsy.com) and sent them out to friends and family.

I'm not a Valentine's Day sap. I refuse to go out to dinner and there's no need to buy me flowers. Mike and I will be celebrating at home, with some yummy take-out and maybe a bottle of champagne. I think my time spent working in the restaurant business cured me of any romanticism of so-called Hallmark holidays. But still, it is a nice opportunity to tell people who make my life a little bit happier that they are loved. Maybe I'll buy the cards anyway and just send them out when the mood strikes me.

No comments: