Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm just waiting on a friend

I had a moment tonight. One of those times when something struck me in just the right way and I had to get it down on paper. Or, uh, computer screen. Semantics.

Anyway, a friend of mine from design class brought in a beautiful, big, glossy book of illustrations by current illustrators (broken up into categories) tonight and I wrote down the names of a few that interested me to look up more of their work when I got home. Yes, I've become a total design nerd. I didn't notice it at the time, but one illustrator whose work I had seen before (on the cover of a recent edition of Print magazine, among other places) shares a name with a friend of mine. Stina.

Now I've known my fair share of Kristens, Christines and Christinas (and Chris, Chrissy, Tina, etc.) but before I met Stina I'd never known anyone who used that particular short form of the name. Some words I would use to describe my friend Stina: warm, funky, artsy, interesting, funny, vibrant, unique. And the work of Stina Persson, the artist whose name I finally learned tonight? Well, you be the judge...




I'd call it a perfect fit. Happy birthday week, Stina! For more of this, check out http://www.stinapersson.com/.

No comments: